Collins Aerospace offers the facilities, equipment and processes to support large- and small-scale homogenous and hybrid composites manufacturing.
Advanced materials and product testing capabilities include:
- Chemical analysis
- Mechanical properties
- Physical properties
- Environmental conditioning
- Acoustic properties including insertion loss and sound speed
Types of tests available:
- Dynamic Mechanical l Analyzer (DMA)
- Thermo Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA)
- Thermo Mechanical Analyzer (TMA)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Instron® mechanical testing
- Acoustic test tank
Our advanced material manufacturing processes include many that are unique to Collins Aerospace, using:
- Oven and autoclave curing processes
- Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer Molding (VARTM)
- Prepreg lay-up
- Rubber/laminate bonding
- Urethane casting
- Urethane formulating
With Collins Aerospace, you’ll have the support of an outstanding, full-service engineering staff for unique, high-performance composite structures. We design structural laminates, composites and tools and provide analysis and tool fabrication.
Our full-service CAD department provides detailed drawing packages for all engineering designs and part details. To speed the prototyping of new structures, we use Patran and ABAQUS for finite element analysis (FEA).
Let us take your application from concept through prototyping/testing and into production. All of our products are tailorable to fit your exact specifications.
- Acoustic window design, including RHO-COR® acoustic windows
- Acoustic damping/vibration systems
- Urethane custom formulation and raw material production
- Urethane part fabrication
- Custom part and attachment designs
- Electromagnetic signature management
- Flame, smoke and toxicity performance
- Modified resin formulations