Improves safety, stability and performance while decreasing crew workload for all missions. Collins Aerospace's FCS-7000 flight control system provides a quantum leap in performance, capability, redundancy and sustainability.
Comprising a state-of-the-art flight director system combined with new, powerful servo technology, the FCS-7000 system greatly improves safety and stability during air refueling, airdrop and all-in-flight operations.
Its powerful navigational performance provides crews CAT II approach capability, vertical navigation and RNP down to 0.10 and is certified for RSVM.
Features & benefits
- Fail passive (each APC has dual dissimilar processors, plus a third monitor processor)
- Independently selectable dual autopilot computers, each system fail passive
- Replaces legacy AP servos with “smart,” fail-passive servos
- Category II ILS, growth to category IIIA with addition of dual head-up displays (HUDs)
- Capable of RNP RNAV 0.10, LPV (with GPS WAAS) and SAAAR precision approaches without restriction
- FMS coupled VNAV for coupled climb, cruise, descent and approach performance/fuel optimization
- NVIS NVG compliant lighting, gloved hand operation
- FAA certifiable
- Accommodates a wide range of digital sensors, including EGIs, INUs, AHRSs, ADCs, MMRs and display systems
- Built for a wide range of missions and aircraft
- Built-in growth capacity
- Ready for harsh environments; no cooling air required