The Collins Aerospace AHS-3000A/S Attitude Heading Reference System combines an innovative solid-state sensor technology with leading-edge avionics design techniques. Its primary function is to provide measurements of the aircraft pitch, roll and heading Euler angles for use by the flight deck displays, flight control system, flight management system and other avionics equipment. In addition the system provides high-quality body rate, Euler rate and linear acceleration outputs for enhanced flight control system performance. Elements of the AHS-3000A system include the AHC-3000A Attitude Heading Computer, FDU-3000 Flux Detector Unit and ECU-3000 External Compensation Unit. The AHS-3000S consists of the AHC-3000S Attitude Heading Computer, ECU-3000 External Compensation Unit and a synchro-type flux detector such as the 323A-2G.
- High reliability: Solid-state MEMS sensor technology eliminates gyro’s delivering high MTBF values.
- Reduces operating costs: Low-power consumption and reduced weight and size.
- Reduced setup time: Automated compass swing and automated mount leveling.
- Ideal for fixed-wing and helicopter applications
- ARINC 429 digital interface capabilities
- GPS growth capable
- Simplifies retrofit: AHC-3000A/S interfaces with analog, typical synchro and five wire synchro type flux detectors.