Sales & Marketing
The Satellite Communications System continues communications during all flight phases – without pilot intervention – with the Collins Aerospace ARINC 781 SAT-2200. When voice and data are mission critical, our Satcom system ensures you are seen and heard for increased situational awareness. The SAT-2200 combines HPA, satellite data unit, RFU and HST all in a decreased size, weight and power as compared to previous Satcoms.
It is designed to automatically switch between satellites and spot beams based on the Owner Requirements Table as defined in ARINC 781. These preferences would typically give first priority to voice and data safety services and second priority to SwiftBroadband services. The system is compliant with the latest industry standard for Inmarsat SATCOM capability for classic Aeronautical and SwiftBroadband operation.
Key elements of the Collins ARINC 781 SATCOM system include: the SDU-2200 satellite data unit (SDU); the SDU configuration module; and the external flange mounted power amplifier.
Features & benefits
- Compliant with ARINC 781: Offers the latest generation Inmarsat SATCOM communications.
- Small, compact design: The SAT-2200 embeds the HPA, satellite data unit, RFU and HST functions in a single 6 MCUs unit.
- Simultaneous service operations provides 4 channels of communications:
- One Classic Aero safety voice for the flight deck,
- One Classic Aero for data for safety services such as Datalink,
- One SBB low cost voice,
- One SBB data connection capable of handling up to 11 PDP contexts.
- Reversionary operations: Software-defined radio technology assures safety critical communications are a priority.
- Dual purpose connectivity: Certified for both cockpit and cabin communications.
- Flexible installation: Installs with or without an external flange mounted power amplifier.