Mission Systems Customer Support
Complex flight missions and tighter budgetary restrictions demand airborne mission computers that are faster and more scalable than ever. They must deliver higher processing and data throughput capabilities that work within existing avionics architecture. All while reducing size, weight, power consumption and cost.
FMC-4000 flight mission computers meet these requirements. They provide a combination of high-integrity, general purpose, multi-core processing resources, scalable I/O capabilities and high-integrity graphics generation. They also supply powerful, real-time video processing functionality based on a digital signal processing module.
Their flexibility enables customers to modify configurations to meet specific requirements with lower time, risk and cost.
Features & benefits
FMC-4000 flight mission computers are based on the Collins Aerospace tactical mission computer product line. They provide a wide range of technical features and high degree of flexibility. Features include:
- Advanced computing performance, including real multi-core processing (based on P3041 and T2080 CPUs)
- Designed to meet up to DAL-A level requirements in accordance with DO-178C and DO-254
- Certification artifacts available for DAL-C level in accordance with DO-178C and DO-254
- Versatile I/O configuration
- Real-time video processing
- High-integrity 2-D and 3-D graphics generation
- High reliability, designed for rough environments
- Low size, weight and power consumption
- Forced-air and convection cooling
- ITAR-free product design
- Standard operating system is Wind River VxWorks 653 (optional: guest operating system can be installed via hyper visor)