In today’s complex battlefield, highly functional radios enhance warfighter capabilities and increase mission success. Modernizing your in-service radios with Collins Aerospace VHSM-5001 very high speed modem, a simple upgrade from VHSM-5000, is a proactive approach to improving radio performance. Applications such as naval and ground command and control communications centers can extend the performance of your legacy HF, UHF and VUHF radios.
Our software-defined VHSM-5001 supports a large number of channel bandwidths using advanced modem waveforms. Rates range from 75 bps in 3 kHz channels for extremely robust communication to 1.92 Mbps in 500 kHz channels for high data rate requirements.
Featuring a 70 MHz IF interface, our VHSM-5001 offers the top data rates possible in radio channels from 3 kHz to 500 kHz. With increased functionality, high speed data throughput and faster connections, VHSM-5001 provides new possibilities. Applications such as naval and ground command and control communications centers can significantly extend the life and performance of your legacy HF, UHF and VUHF radios.
Features and benefits
- World-class user data rates
- Designed for line-of-sight communications with very short synchronization time requirements
- Built-in AM modulator provides compatibility with audio HF/VHF/ UHF modems using wideband AM radios
- Control remotely across any standard IP network
- 19” 1U and 70 MHz interface