The Collins Aerospace Athena 511 meets the stringent requirements of today’s
unmanned aerial vehicle and military applications with a short time to market
and low lifecycle cost. Offering a fully integrated inertial navigation system
(INS), GPS, air data/attitude and heading reference system (ADAHRS), the Athena
511 combines inertial sensors and software processing to provide a single-box
flight control system.
The unit includes embedded air data transducers, a magnetometer and an analog
input for sampling outside air temperature. It gives you a GPS-aided INS to
produce inertial attitude, velocity and rates plus air data measurements that
comprise a complete state vector of the vehicle.
Our Athena 511 meets MIL-SPEC environmental requirements, including for
temperature, shock, vibration, EMI, power and humidity. You can adapt the unit’s
software to interface to your specific vehicle systems for control or monitoring
using the unit’s I/O capabilities. We also can host our autopilot and 3-D
navigation algorithms so you can adapt them to control many different vehicle
configurations such as fixed-wing, V-tail, T-tail, propeller- or jet-powered
aircraft. An external magnetometer unit, sold separately, can interface with the
Athena 511 if required.
- Tactical grade IMU (1 or 3 degrees per hour)
- Differential ready, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- Built-in air data systems pressure transducers including static, airspeed and flow angle measurements
- Full INS and attitude solution
- Accurate roll, pitch and heading in dynamic maneuvers and sustained turns
- Kalman filter INS provides high accuracy navigation and control state vector