Maintaining aircraft angle of attack (AOA) within acceptable limits is essential for getting passengers safely to their destinations.
Severe icing conditions can affect sensor readings, leading to the loss of automation and increased pilot stress. Collins Aerospace’s enhanced AOA sensor for the Airbus A320 and A330 Series aircraft helps reduce pilot workload and improve flight safety.
The availability of full autopilot and normal law is key to reducing pilot workload, which decreases the chance for human error. With the Collins AOA ice-resilient solution, pilots and passengers can have peace-of-mind.
Our Airbus single aisle/long range angle of attack sensor is industry-leading, meets the most severe FAA/EASA icing requirements and provides an enhanced replacement option for these aircraft.
Features & benefits
- Industry-leading icing performance in severe icing conditions
- Environmentally sealed moisture management
- Self-regulating, solid-state vane and case heaters
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Direct-drive, dual-output resolver
- Active heater monitoring
- Integrated cover plate
- New low-drag swept vane design
- Rotating surfaces actively controlled above freezing
Collins Aerospace has one of the most capable on-site icing wind tunnels in the world – with colder temperatures and higher altitudes.
Our wind tunnel can produce both solid ice particles and supercooled liquid water droplets in high concentrations. Our aerodynamic and icing testing meets aviation regulatory agency requirements for air data probes.