Collins Aerospace gives commercial aircraft pilots the most powerful tools to increase vision and situational awareness under any conditions. Our Vision Systems provide unprecedented detail in real time on Head-up Displays (HUD) to make takeoff and landing safer, more efficient and more cost-effective.
Enhanced Vision Systems (EVS)
The EVS-3600 cuts right through low-visibility conditions like smoke, smog, fog and darkness by displaying high-clarity visual references on HUDs, allowing pilots to see what’s out there faster than ever before. This unprecedented spectral coverage during critical phases of flight gives aircraft the ability to go more places more safely.
The Collins EVS:
- Uses short-wave infrared, long-wave infrared and a visible camera for the earliest possible detection of visual references
- Reduces takeoff minima and enables approaches below normal DA/DH
- Uncooled infrared sensors decrease weight and increase MTBF
- Compact installation decreases weight and energy consumption
- Decreases operating costs by mitigating go-arounds
- Achieves peak performance on our Headup Guidance Systems and HUDs
EVS equipped aircraft are eligible for lower operating minima, using existing approaches and airport infrastructure, increasing the runways where EVS-3600 equipped aircraft can safely land
Synthetic Vision System (SVS)
Our SVS lets pilots operate like it’s a clear day, every day. The weather independent, high-definition image displays on HUDs with unmatched fidelity and resolution, using three layers of information - terrain, obstacle and airports and runways - to provide a complete picture of the environment.
- Weather independent vision in all phases of flight
- Sharpest terrain contours
- Top of the line worldwide database
- Distinct mile markers, runway highlights, lead-ins and airport domes