Mission Systems Customer Support
Our Virtual Avionics Procedures Trainer (VAPT) aids in the training needs of today’s flight crews, enabling them to develop skills and rehearse missions before going to the aircraft. VAPT provides your rotary- and fixed-wing crews with a training experience that uses the same avionics display information and operational functionality on the ground as they will in the air. It’s a solution that is scalable, tailorable and minimizes the high costs of other training methods.
VAPT is a suitable trainer for newly purchased aircraft, upgrading to new Collins Aerospace avionics suites (including Pro Line 21™, Pro Line Fusion®, Pro Line Fusion with touch-screen capability, Flight2™ and the Common Avionics Architecture System) or for existing aircraft in operation. It provides a lower-cost solution to recurring and initial training needs by avionics and cockpit familiarization, differences training, crew resource management, avionics procedures training and basic flight operation.
By using actual avionics software, VAPT matches the fidelity and performance of the avionics in operation, while using an intuitive graphical user interface in a cost-effective platform. This enables switching between cockpit flight decks or adding hardware functionality such as an out-the-window visual or a yoke operation.
Features & benefits
- A high-fidelity training solution that enables users to gain and maintain proficiency
- Cost effective – reduces cost of ground instruction and increases hands-on practice at a fraction of the cost of using larger flight training devices or actual aircraft
- Uses actual avionics software
- Provides for pilot and crew transition, familiarization and proficiency training in a full-scale virtual cockpit
- Simulator common software-based solution that is expandable and scalable to many aircraft platforms
- Modular system hardware configuration for portability
- Complements instructor-led and computer-based training curriculums
- Provides trainees with the same interaction, look and functionality of the actual aircraft avionics
- Enables users to maintain concurrency training when avionics are updated
- Easily reconfigurable and can be used across a wide number of aircraft types using Collins Aerospace avionics
- Configurable to customer needs and desired layouts