- Collins Aerospace and Q.C.M. design Switzerland complete KuSAT-2000 STCs to make LuxStream connectivity service to available to Bombardier Global Series aircraft
- Luxstream offers high-quality bandwidth and flexible pricing models
- LuxStream now available on three platforms
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland (Oct. 7, 2020) – Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies business (NYSE: RTX), is extending the availability of its LuxStream connectivity service to the Bombardier Global Series of aircraft. Q.C.M. design Switzerland has achieved its Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) with the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States to install the KuSAT-2000 SATCOM network system on Bombardier’s Global 5000, 6000 and XRS.
LuxStream, available as part of Collins Aerospace’s ARINCDirectSM portfolio of services, provides customers with a number of benefits, including:
- Speeds up to 25 Mbps in the United States and up to15 Mbps globally via SES’s managed Ku-band High Throughput Satellite (HTS) network.
- Inflight internet capable of supporting multiple 4K video streams, virtual conferencing and other high-bandwidth online activities.
- Flexible pricing models based on usage without any compromise to performance.
- A turnkey solution with both hardware and service provided by Collins Aerospace, giving the operator one point of contact and access to Collins’ industry-renowned global support network.
LuxStream is powered by SES’s global geostationary high-throughput and wide satellite beams, as well as a flexible, intelligent ground network. Its performance has been validated extensively with more than 25 passengers able to easily access the internet and stream entertainment content to their personal devices, each achieving speeds up to 25Mbps.
About Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp. (NYSE: RTX), is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. For more information, visit CollinsAerospace.com.
About Raytheon Technologies Corporation
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With 195,000 employees and four industry-leading businesses ― Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense ― the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.