Collins Aerospace Pro Line Fusion® upgrade for Bombardier Challenger 604 aircraft now certified
- Sole turnkey integrated avionics upgrade for Challenger 604 aircraft
- Ensures compliance with current airspace mandates
- Modernizes the flight experience through touchscreen navigation, synthetic vision and graphical flight planning
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (Dec. 13, 2018) – Collins Aerospace’s Pro Line Fusion® avionics upgrade for Pro Line 4-equipped Bombardier Challenger 604* series aircraft has been certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Working closely with Bombardier as the original aircraft manufacturer and Nextant Aerospace as the installation design certification lead, this sole all-in-one solution complies with pending mandates while modernizing the flight experience for pilots. The upgrade is available exclusively throughout Bombardier’s extensive network of service centers and Nextant Aerospace.
The Pro Line Fusion upgrade enhances the operational capabilities of the Challenger 604 aircraft to a similar level as that of the Challenger 605 and Challenger 650 jets equipped with Collins Pro Line 21 Advanced, while providing Challenger 604 operators with a solution to meet future regulatory requirements. Among these enhancements, the upgrade replaces the factory-installed CRT displays with three 14.1-inch widescreen LCD displays with configurable windows. Features designed to improve situational awareness and reduce pilot workload for Bombardier Challenger 604 aircraft owners include:
- Market-leading synthetic vision as a standard feature
- Geo-referenced electronic navigation charts that display own-ship aircraft position
- Optional FANS 1/A technology providing more preferred, wind efficient transatlantic routing
- A fully loaded package of baseline equipment for operation in modernizing global airspace – beyond ADS-B mandate compliance, offering SBAS-capable GNSS, localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches, radius-to-fix (RF) legs and more
The Challenger 604 Pro Line Fusion retrofit solution, which is already available for several Beechcraft King Air and Cessna Citation CJ aircraft, is part of our ongoing effort to provide owners with modern technology, enhanced situational awareness and compliance with airspace mandates,” said Christophe Blanc, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Collins Aerospace. “The Challenger 604 business jet is a highly-valued, long-haul aircraft that will be able to continue flying well into the future with this upgrade.”
About Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. For more information, visit collinsaerospace.com.
About United Technologies Corporation
United Technologies Corp., based in Farmington, Connecticut, provides high-technology systems and services to the building and aerospace industries. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, the company is creating smart, sustainable solutions the world needs. For more information about the company, visit our website at www.utc.com or follow us on Twitter: @UTC.
* Bombardier and Challenger 604 are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Jessica NapoliAerostructures and Mission Systems
Al KillefferMechanical Systems and Power & Controls
Joel GirdnerInterior Systems
Hervé TilloyEurope and the Middle East
Linus TerhAsia Pacific
JulieAnn HaighSocial Media