Collins Aerospace to improve the passenger processing experience and safeguard systems at Colombia’s El Dorado International Airport
- Full suite of the latest ARINC airport solutions from Collins Aerospace
- Improves operational efficiencies via state-of-the-art passenger processing systems
- Leverages use of reliable self-service technology to reduce wait times and improve the passenger experience
PARIS (June 18, 2019) – Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), is helping to improve the passenger processing experience and safeguard the El Dorado International Airport in Bogota, Colombia, from cyber threats with a full suite of ARINC airport solutions. Each solution is supported by ongoing system monitoring by the Collins Aerospace Cybersecurity Operations Center and an experienced cyber engineering team.
Under a new multi-year agreement, Collins Aerospace will provide the El Dorado International Airport and the Operadora Aeroportuaria Internacional (OPAIN), which operates and manages the airport, with several industry-leading solutions:
- MUSE agent-facing check-in: Manages operations and provides data analytics to improve airport efficiency.
- Self-service check-in kiosks: Reduces wait times at check-in while freeing up airport space.
- ARINC AviNet™ Airport connectivity: Provides passengers and airlines with security and data integrity within the airline’s virtual network space.
- Local departure control system: Provides passenger check-in and boarding for airlines of all sizes.
- ARINC Baglink™ baggage messaging: Enables baggage to be sorted and routed remotely to save time, cut costs and minimize errors.
- ARINC Cybersecurity: Provides end-to-end cybersecurity coverage from alarm monitoring to on-site remediation and recovery.
- 24/7 on-site support and help desk: Delivers immediate expertise to maintain high-quality levels.
"El Dorado is able to handle 40 million passengers a year. In 2018, 32.7 million were mobilized and we were prepared to guarantee an unforgettable positive experience for our users” said Alvaro Gonzalez, CEO of OPAIN. “By implementing these solutions we are able to dramatically improve the efficiency of the airport without having to physically expand our building space.”
Christopher Forrest, vice president of Global Airport Systems for Collins Aerospace, added, “El Dorado International Airport provides a critical service in Latin America, and with Collins Aerospace’s latest technology passengers will experience a more streamlined journey from the time they enter the airport to the time they board their plane. We are currently in the process of installing the new equipment and we plan to be operational this summer.”
The Collins Aerospace Cybersecurity Operations Center is based in Annapolis, Maryland and provides 24/7 network traffic monitoring. Collins Aerospace’s team of certified cyber analysts requires the highest qualifications and training available in the industry. They utilize their extensive experience in critical infrastructure by working with operational teams — managing incidents and crises, staffing, and training — and by alleviating conflicts between IT and operations.
About Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp., is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the extensive capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and broad expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. For more information, visit CollinsAerospace.com.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With 195,000 employees and four industry-leading businesses ― Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense ― the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Power & Controls
Europe and the Middle East
Connected Aviation Solutions
Director, Global Media Relations