Connectivity And Network Services
Maximize Ancillary Revenue Opportunities with CabinConnect™
For more and more passengers, being connected in-flight is no longer a luxury, it's a requirement. Being able to connect with family, work, friends and entertainment, provides an enhanced travel experience for your passengers and strengthens your airline's brand. Collins Aerospace's CabinConnect™ wireless in-flight connectivity solution keeps your passengers engaged, entertained, empowered and informed through all phases of flight.
When you choose CabinConnect, you gain the peace of mind that comes from working with a trusted provider. Aircraft manufacturers have recognized Collins Aerospace for excellence in service performance.
As the provider of connectivity for more than 20,000 aircraft around the globe, we understand the importance of keeping your aircraft, crew and passengers connected. Let us do the same for your passengers — engage them before, during and after their flights and tailor the travel experience to their unique interests.
CabinConnect lets you connect your passengers to what matters most.
Cabinconnect Wireless in-flight Connectivity Solution
- Passenger internet packages customizable by route, aircraft or fleet; and configurable by multiple parameters (time, data, activity, sponsorship)
- High capacity and high-performance network that can easily support content streaming services (Netflix, Hulu and more)
- A modular and flexible passenger and crew portal
- CrewConnect - a secure separate onboard network to allow cabin crew to be more productive in-flight, and provide a more efficient service
- Advertising platform for ancillary revenue streams and sponsorship opportunities
- Interactive services and apps with over-the-air content updates
- Secure payment portal with flexible payment options
- Streams up to 300 devices simultaneously
- Optional high-definition AVOD with multiple studio DRM agreements
- Airline operations and management portal
- Line-fit offerable on selected Boeing & Airbus airframes
Global Broadband Connectivity
From airline passengers to crew connectivity, Collins Aerospace provides flexible, cost-effective connectivity solutions, easily tailored to both airline and passenger needs. As a value-added reseller of Inmarsat’s GX Aviation service, we’re able to deliver the world’s first global high-speed aviation broadband service.
Passengers can stream content to their personal devices, surf the internet, send and receive email, use social networking and universal messaging on their smartphones, tablets, laptops, or gaming devices. Airlines can deliver more personalized services and create new opportunities for revenue generation.
- Fast, consistent service with up to 50 Mbps to the aircraft Powerful
- Ka-band spectrum
- Resilient global infrastructure with dedicated redundant ground network
- Steerable spot beams with an additional 900 Mbps per satellite to eliminate congestion in high-traffic regions
- Gate to gate connectivity for enhanced passenger experience
- 24/7 customer service, technical support and network monitoring worldwide
Generate ancillary revenues through a range of targeted advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Adverts can be customized based on your requirements with usage analytical reporting for powerful data insights and accurate billing.
Cabin Solution Enhancements
Airshow® moving maps
Captivate your passengers with high-definition interactive maps that let them follow their flights in real-time, explore the virtual globe and make time fly.
Content Management System (CMS)
Ensure that all content being shown to your passengers is up to date and relevant to their needs. Content can be uploaded to the aircraft over-the-air; this zero-touch capability enables airlines to send contextually relevant content in-flight, providing a more personalized experience.
- Monitoring and reporting of all in-flight content
- Asset management, full control over in-flight content sets
- Statistical reporting for valuable data insights
- Over-the-air content upload to aircraft
- Full control of content onboard your aircraft
- Intuitive cloud-based portal that can be managed by airline or nominated CSP
Enjoy full visibility of the CabinConnect service across your fleet with customizable operational and managerial views. The Dashboards provide an at-a-glance overview of your CabinConnect connectivity service from both Collins Aerospace and Inmarsat’s GX Aviation, including:
- Real-time view of your aircraft
- Reduce operational costs by early identification of any issue
- 24/7 access to critical status information
- Connected passenger status
- Equipment/LRU & connectivity status
- Alerting for operational/performance issues
- Passenger feedback monitoring
- Top revenue routes
- Connectivity payment trends