Tailwind Live TV by Collins Aerospace
Tailwind® 500 is the industry’s first Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) television system for medium to large business aircraft. Collins Aerospace's innovative system design, as well as the craft of customizing the system to your preferences, brings you a better viewing experience.
Features & benefits
- Multiregional coverage
- Access to over 1,000 channels of entertainment programming, including a wide variety of digital music
- Optional remote control
- Receives high signal gain, providing excellent reception and a stable picture
- Automatically switches to correct satellite
- Broadcasts on up to eight customizable programming receivers in two digital formats
- Tailwind 500 connects to virtually any cabin management system using industry-standard interfaces
Key benefits of the new RDUC-4000
- Highly efficient data compression, enabling the Tailwind system to receive content in both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 encoded signals
- Supports both HD and standard-definition broadcasted programming and coverage
- Capable of providing content through HDMI video interfaces for HD-quality displays
Each Tailwind 500 system requires an IF Multiplexer Unit (IMU). To equip your system with HD-receiving capabilities in the CONUS region, an IFMU-1000 and at least one RDUC-4000 also need to be added to your system’s architecture.
One IMU and one IFMU-1000 are needed per system and can support multiple RDUC-4000 configurations. Sample block diagrams are available upon request to provision space and wiring for the IFMU-1000 and RDUC-4000, which are expected to be available in mid-2019.
Global coverage map - RDUI
Global coverage map - RDU