Baggage is a large, and at times, complex part of airline and airport operations. From check-in and security of the gate and ramp, to arrival and baggage claim, it affects a large portion of the passenger journey. An intelligent management and tracking solution sets the stage for improving the passenger experience, providing better tracking capabilities and helping to increase on-time departures.
With Collins Aerospace’s ARINC SmartBag™ you’ll know exactly where every bag is in real time. It utilizes an unlimited number of scan points to provide a clear and continuous big picture of the baggage process. Built-in analytics allow users to customize dashboards and reports, access a historical overview of system operations and enable the most informed decision making.
ARINC SmartBag meets all requirements for compliance with IATA resolution 753. The centralized database creates a searchable and detailed history to help reduce lost and mishandled bags. If a bag is mishandled, ARINC SmartBag’s powerful mobile reflighting tool reconnects bags with passengers and reduces expensive delays.
Features & benefits
- Enables compliance with IATA Resolution 753
- Accurate bag-to-passenger reconciliation enhances security and provides big-picture tracking and reporting
- Helps improve on-time departure through the use of real-time action items
- Helps decrease airline expense by reducing mishandled bags
- Seamless integration with airport and airline systems
- Customizable dashboards and reports provide real-time and historical overviews of system operations
- Can be hosted locally or in the cloud