The Joint Secure ACMI System (JSAS) is ready for use as the RAF’s next generation Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) System in the UK. Today, JSAS can bring eagerly awaited capabilities for high-fidelity air combat and, in the future, LVC training to the Royal Air Force, the Royal Navy and the British Army.
A collaboration from Collins Aerospace and Leonardo DRS, JSAS provides the
first certified, four-level Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS)
training system. MILS architecture supports LVC connectivity to simulator
networks such as the UK’s Defence Operational Training Capability (DOTC). Our
MILS architecture combined with high-performance Software Defined Radio (SDR),
resilient network and multi-level encryption and processing makes next
generation training possible now.
JSAS is the only solution enabling direct interoperability between Typhoon,
Hawk, F-35 plus USAF (carrying the P5 pods) and US Navy platforms (TCTS II pod).
It’s fielded and in use today with U.S. forces (CRIIS program now; TCTS II
Features & benefits
Enables seamless training connectivity by jointly networking live
participants and synthetic elements in different independent security enclaves.
- Direct over the air interoperability with F-35 plus P5 and TCTS II pods
- Scalable MILS architecture, US Type 1 encryption, NSA certified
- Two-way integration with classified aircraft data bus and OFP
- Secure end-to-end high-performance network connection from aircraft to
- Pod, internal mount, business jet, helicopter, and maritime formfactors available
Unmatched operational realism
Blends synthetic elements with live participants to realistically
simulate high-threat air combat situations.
- Hosts full-fidelity threat and weapon simulations at multiple classification levels including US, UK, and NATO
- Hosting all kind of full-fidelity threat and weapon simulations
- Easily configurable for daily squadron training as well as for
international large scale exercises
- Combines air, land and maritime training
JSAS leverages latest security and data-link technologies with
decades of air combat training expertise and is designed to advance as future
training needs change.
- Can host evolving and new waveforms as these become available
- Open architecture simplifies obsolescence management and future upgrades
with new technologies
- Overcomes limitations in live threats and training infrastructure
- Provides rapid training response to emerging missions and threats