CHARLOTTE, N.C. (July 26, 2021) – Attendees of the 2021 Navy League of the United States Sea, Air & Space Conference will have the opportunity to learn about the most advanced military aircraft technology from Collins Aerospace. The company’s exhibit highlights its extensive portfolio of capabilities designed operational readiness for multi-domain awareness, while keeping the warfighter safe.
- ACES 5: ACES 5® is the latest addition to Collins Aerospace’s collection of Advanced Concept Ejection Seats. ACES 5 is the only ejection seat qualified to MIL-HDBK-516C compliant safety standards and its features provide a faster deploying drogue parachute and a stability package (STAPAC) to compensate for pitch changes and aerodynamic effects, reducing the risk for injury.
- Airborne ISR: The MS-110 and MS-177 Family of Systems (FoS) provide better image resolution over a longer range and greater coverage area per hour than any other Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor in the U.S. military inventory. Collins’ sensors can operate from multiple ISR platforms, satisfying military requirements for land and maritime missions.
- Tactical Combat Training System Increment II (TCTS II): TCTS II is a scalable and flexible Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS)-based open architecture system that enables highly secure air combat training between US and international aircraft, including advanced 5th generation platforms. Through Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) technologies, TCTS Inc. II simulates various highly contested combat situations, tailoring the threats to enable pilots to ‘train as they fight.’
- Communications: Collins’ modernized ARC-210, TCN 500, and Tactical Data Links military communication systems advanced effectiveness within and between domains.
- Health and Usage Management System (HUMS): Collins' HUMS synthesizes and analyzes the flight data from the engine, rotor and drive train, as well as tracks the usage and health of an aircraft and its major assemblies. Current and historical flight data is integrated into a comprehensive database with full reporting capabilities to facilitate day-to-day maintenance, logistics and planning for single vehicles or entire fleets.
- Naval Programs (Engineered Polymer Products): Collins Aerospace has been designing, analyzing, manufacturing and testing marine composites, urethanes, and rubber products for the U.S. Navy and allied surface and submarine fleets for decades. Products include acoustic sonar windows, acoustic baffles and reflectors for use in sonar systems, as well as other composite components for submarine and surface ship applications.
- Rapid prototyping, development, and testing: Comprised of mature hardware, fielded FACE™ Conformant apps and COTS technologies, all working in a flexible, real flying environment. This allows customers to develop and prove out new concepts or applications at lower maturity levels alongside more mature, or even fielded technologies, enabling faster evaluation of new capabilities in a dynamic threat environment.
- Hoist & Winch: Collins Goodrich® helicopter rescue hoist provides single point cable payout to reduce the potential for hoist-induced load swings. The translating drum technology extends cable life and allows for continuous duty to allow for multiple victim rescues without a cooldown period. The hoist is available in single and dual configurations, and AC, DC or hydraulic power.
About Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp. (NYSE: RTX), is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the extensive capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and broad expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. For more information, visit CollinsAerospace.com.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With four industry-leading businesses ― Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense ― the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.