The Collins Aerospace AHS-1000A/S Attitude Heading Reference System combines an innovative solid-state MEMS sensor technology with leading edge avionics design techniques. It consists of the AHC-1000A/S Attitude Heading Computer, ECU-3000 External Compensation Unit and an FDU-70 or FDU-3000 for the AHC-1000A or a synchro type flux detector such as the 323A-2G for the AHC-3000S. The FDU and the associated AHC-1000A/S circuits generate outputs that indicate the aircraft magnetic heading. Primarily, the AHS-1000A/S provides measurements of the aircraft pitch, roll and heading Euler angles for use by the flight deck displays, flight control system, flight management system and other avionics equipment. The system is a bolt-down unit, using either mounting flanges or blind screw holes.
- Synchro and analog outputs: Allow for the replacement of typical directional gyro and vertical gyro equipment.
- Simplifies retrofit: Interfaces with typical synchro style and FDU-70 or FDU-3000 existing flux detectors.
- Reduces installation costs: Available with or without mounting flanges.
- Available with basic mode only: No air data required.
- High reliability: Solid-state MEMS sensor technology eliminates gyros delivering high MTBF values.
- Reduces operating costs: Low-power consumption and reduced weight and size.
- Reduced setup time: Automated compass swing and automated mount leveling (with or without flanges).
- Ideal for fixed-wing and helicopter applications