- Provides the most updated arrival times based on weather, airport congestion and other factors
- Helps pilots and ground crews optimize time and resources
- Available to all ARINCDirect datalink subscribers along with four additional FlightAware features for ARINCDirect Flight Planning subscribers
SAN DIEGO (April 5, 2022) – Collins Aerospace and FlightAware, a Collins Aerospace business, are unlocking the power of data to help operators and ground crews optimize their time and resources. ARINCDirectSM datalink customers will now receive Foresight™ ETAs through uplink via their Flight Management System (FMS) along with a suite of other FlightAware features at no additional cost.
Pilots on long and complex flights may experience en route delays that can cause an estimated time of arrival (ETA) that is different from the initial FMS data. FlightAware Foresight uses predictive models to provide the most updated ETA based on current factors such as airport congestion or weather conditions. The ability to provide crews with a more accurate ETA allows flight departments to improve efficiency, better manage ground logistics, and create a smoother experience for passengers.
In addition to the ETA upgrade, three other FlightAware features are now available as part of the ARINCDirect flight planning subscriptions to provide flight departments with greater situational awareness of their fleet to help ensure a smoother aircraft mission.
- Ready to Taxi: Provides ground support insights and alerts on the aircraft surface movement, from when the aircraft powers on to when it is parked at its destination.
- Cockpit Situational Insight: Improves situational awareness with autopilot settings and heading/attitude pre-selects for airport weather conditions such as flight rules, visibility, cloud conditions, temperature, density and altitude.
- Schedule Visualizer: Delivers a graphical representation of a flight's schedule in the next 24 hours and highlights any potential conflicts, including quick turnaround times.
“FlightAware’s advanced ETA is a perfect example of how Collins Aerospace is demonstrating the value of the data now available through the acquisition of FlightAware,” said Jen Schopfer, President of Connected Aviation Solutions for Collins Aerospace. “Our flight planning customers are seeing an immediate increase in the value of the service we provide as their processes become more streamlined and easier to manage.”