- Transforms the flying experience with widescreen displays, high-resolution synthetic vision and touchscreen navigation
- Additional certifications to follow later this year
- Available now through all Collins Aerospace authorized dealers and Textron Aviation’s global service network
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (March 23, 2021) – Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp. (NYSE: RTX), today announced its Pro Line Fusion® integrated avionics system for Cessna Citation CJ2+ light business jets has been certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with the Cessna Citation CJ1+ light jet certification soon to follow. Owners now have a new aftermarket option for taking advantage of NextGen® airspace enhancements while adding the many other benefits of Pro Line Fusion when upgrading from Pro Line 21.
An initial Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) was launched for Cessna Citation CJ3 aircraft in 2017. This follow-on STC adds the Citation CJ1+ and Citation CJ2+ aircraft while extending new functionality to the Citation CJ3. Added benefits include integrated V-speeds, fuel sensing and predictive performance, along with Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) capabilities that position the operator for more efficient arrivals and departures.
Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) and European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certifications are targeted by the end of the year.
“We are bringing better situational awareness and reducing pilot workload to Citation CJ operators worldwide via a new flight management system that meets the latest equipment mandates, while also delivering cutting-edge performance to the flight deck,” said Christophe Blanc, vice president and general manager of Business and Regional Avionics for Collins Aerospace. “By leveraging Pro Line Fusion across platforms, we have a single solution that covers an entire family of aircraft.”
Specifically, the Pro Line Fusion upgrade includes:
- The ability to operate in modernizing global airspace with localizer performance, including vertical guidance (LPV) approaches, radius-to-fix (RF) legs, as well as SBAS capable GNSS\Best-Equipped, Best-Served (BEBS) future enhancements
- Global Performance Based Navigation (PBN), FANS-1/A and CPDLC capabilities
- Standard industry-leading high-resolution synthetic vision, including Collins Aerospace’s patented airport dome feature, and extended runway centerlines
- Three touchscreen 14.1-inch widescreen LCDs with advanced graphics, configurable windows and eyes-forward, touchscreen navigation
- Touch-interactive maps with high-resolution topography, weather and obstacles plus geo-referenced electronic charts displaying own-aircraft position
- Collins’ patented ChartLink™, which automatically stages relevant charts per the flight plan
Upgrades are available at any Collins Aerospace authorized dealer or Textron Aviation’s global network of company-owned service centers and authorized service facilities.