- Collins Aerospace to provide a full suite of airport solutions that increase efficiency and improve passenger processing
- Self-service check-in and bag drop products to reduce wait times at check-in
- Best-in-class on-site support ensures immediate expertise is available to maintain high quality levels and satisfaction
SALVADOR, Brazil (Dec. 12, 2019) – Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will play a major role in improving the travel experience for passengers using Salvador, Brazil’s newly modernized Salvador - Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport (SSA). Under a multi-year agreement, Collins Aerospace will provide SSA with several industry-leading solutions that help ease congestion, improve passenger processing times and increase efficiency at the airport.
“The number of passengers using our airport is on the rise and we are proud of the work we are doing in coordination with Collins Aerospace to improve the passenger journey from the time they enter the airport to the time they board their aircraft,” said Yann Le Bihan, chief information officer for SSA. “In addition, Collins Aerospace solutions take up less space on the terminal floor, which keeps our beautiful new building open and comfortable.”
The solutions, highlighted during a grand opening ceremony on Dec. 11, were selected because Collins Aerospace is the only company offering products that will meet all the needs of SSA’s modernized terminals.
- SelfDrop - Common-use self-service Baggage Drops (SBD): Streamlines baggage drop-off process for passengers
- SelfServ - Common-use self-service check-in kiosks: Accelerates the check-in process, reduces lines and congestion and provides digital marketing opportunities on the airport kiosks
- MUSE - Common-use passenger processing system: Provides accurate and timely passenger counts at gates, and is the only solution to provide Passenger Boarded counts for accurate and immediate control of the number of passengers boarded
- Veripax - Passenger Validation e-Gates: Strengthens security while simplifying the security process by reading boarding passes while automatically and simultaneously screening passengers against airline host systems that determine clearance and, if necessary, provide alerts
- On-site support with 24/7 online support: Delivers immediate expertise to maintain high quality levels
“Salvador’s airport is a key point of travel within Brazil and we’re proud to help make the passenger experience faster and more efficient with the latest Collins Aerospace technology,” said Christopher Forrest, vice president of Global Airport Systems for Collins Aerospace.