OTTAWA, Ontario (May 23, 2019) – For the first time at CANSEC 2019 on May 29-30, Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will showcase its combined portfolio of capabilities that support Canada’s need for strong, secured and engaged armed forces operating in a more complex environment. Collins Aerospace was created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins.
Collins Aerospace continues its commitment to the Canadian aerospace and defense industry through ongoing investment and collaboration with firms and research institutions across Canada for the development, production and support of advanced avionics, landing gear systems and communications systems.
“With locations in Ottawa, Oakville, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, employing over 1,200 personnel across the country, we are positioned to provide the solutions that strengthen the future of Canada’s Armed Forces,” said Lee Obst, managing director, Mission Systems in Canada for Collins Aerospace. “We look forward to discussions with customers and highlighting the best of what we have to offer in Canada for the first time as Collins Aerospace at CANSEC.”
At the company’s exhibit at booth 1103, experts from Collins Aerospace will be available to discuss and demonstrate key offerings that include:
- Space solutions - Since humankind’s first steps on the moon, Collins Aerospace has enabled every manned space exploration mission
- TruNet™ networked communications solutions - For air, land and sea customized networks
- Seamless data-link networking capabilities - With application to all domains of operation
- Simulation and training capabilities, including the Coalescence™ mixed reality system for training
- Modernized and networked joint-fires solutions
- Advanced laser threat warning systems providing force protection
- Integrated avionics systems helping ensure mission success
- TCTS pod – The first certified, multilevel security (MLS) tactical training system packaged in both airborne and ground equipment used for Live, Virtual and Constructive training